58. Each epoch has its own word. This word is as a key to the lock. Ancient Teachings continually spoke about a potent word which was contained in a precise and brief formula. Immutable, like a crystal of known composition, it is impossible to alter in any way the words of these formulas; impossible either to lengthen or to shorten. The guaranty of Cosmos is in the casting of these words. The absolute darkness itself shudders before the blade of the World Command, and it is easier for rays and gases to smite the darkness there where has struck the Sword of the World. -Morya: Community 1926
59. A clear brief command is difficult, but on the other hand it is stronger than a magic wand. Affirmation is easier, but a command is like an unexpected pillar of flame from a volcano. A concentrated feeling of personal responsibility lies in a command. A declaration of inexhaustibility of forces sounds in a command. The impetuousness of the Cosmos is manifested in the vehemence of the command, as a crushing wave.
60. We do not see the end of the chain of Teachers, and the consciousness imbued with the Teacher elevates the attainment of the disciple as a precious all-penetrating aroma. The bond of the disciple with the Teacher forms a link of protection in the uniting chain; within this defense deserts bloom.
67. What is required of our Community? First of all, co-measurement and justice. True, the second results entirely from the first....The spiritual life is governed by co-measurement.
68. Do understand the son of fear and doubt--his name is regret. Indeed regret after enter in upon Great Service cuts off all effects of former labors. He who doubts binds a stone to his leg. He who is afraid constrains his breathing. But he who is regretful of his labor in behalf of the Great Service terminates the possibility of approach.
69. Beastly roaring has replaced human song. But how beautiful are the fires of achievement!
72. The Community as fellowship can unprecedentedly accelerate the evolution of the planet and give new possibilities of intercourse with the forces of nature. It must not be thought that Community and the conquest of matter are found on different planes. One channel, one banner--Maitreya, Mother, matter!
80. One should not ape others. Precious is each grain of decisiveness. I wish to saturate you with daring.
81. Likewise let us not forget that there is nothing higher on earth than the given plan for the common good.-M Community 1926 (portrait by H. Schmiechen, 1884)