-Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny (C) was released from prison after serving time for organising protests, and now faces a slander charge. AFP/Vasily MAXIMOV
MOSCOW: Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny said Monday (Oct 15, 2018) he faces a new criminal charge for slander just a day after his release from two consecutive terms behind bars (50 days) for organising anti-Kremlin protests....
He said this related to accusations he made in 2015 about former interior ministry investigator Pavel Karpov, a key figure in the case of Russian lawyer Sergei Magnitsky, who died in a Russian jail in 2009.
Navalny wrote in 2015 that Karpov owned a flat worth almost US$1 million and luxury cars including a Porsche Cayenne. He ridiculed Karpov's claim to have received these as gifts.
Authorities opened a slander case and searched Navalny's home in 2016, after which he said he heard nothing for two years and that the statute of limitations passed in the case.
Slander charges do not call for arrest but only large fines, Navalny said, adding that "Who knows how the elaborate and inventive legal machine in Putin's head works?"
7. The heart is the focalpoint but of all it is least egocentric. Not egoism dwells in the heart but pan-humanity. Only reason enshrouds the heart with a cobweb of egocentricity. Mercy is measured not so much by so-called good actions, the cause of which can be too varied, but by the inmost kindliness; it kindles the light which shines in the darkness. Thus the heart is verily an international organ. If we accept light as the symbol of the aura, then its parent will be the heart. How necessary it is to learn to feel one's heart not as one's own but as the universal one. Only through this sensation can one liberate oneself from egoism, safeguarding the individuality from accumulations.
219. You know how obsession gradually destroys the organism; the paralysis of certain nerve centers is inevitable. Hence physicians could do so much useful work by directing attention to obsession.
506. First of all it is necessary to have simple respect for finer energy. It is necessary to respect an energy which, like fire, pervades all of space and condenses in the nerve centers. Even children should remember that this uniting energy is emanated in every handshake, every glance. Striving to respect it will also inspire care for this treasure of the heart; respect befits every rational man....How can one expect the manifestation of heart energy if there is no respect for it? The manifestation of energy comes only with its realization.
540. It should not seem strange to you that present indications about the heart conclude with medical advice. For long the heart was neglected, hence in addition to spiritual influences one must also prepare earthly means. But in any case during tensions of the heart the trend of thoughts must be changed. Like a mountain stream, thoughts alter the surrounding rhythm. It is unwise to speak of complete rest during tension of the heart because primarily there is no rest, on the contrary the tension of the heart senses the cosmic whirls all the more and may be shaken by vibrations.
566. Naturally as with everything gradual development and long preparation are needed. The heart can easily be burned, but then it cannot provide a vital experiment. Even poisons can lose their vitality during harmonious assimilations, but time and constancy are necessary.
596. The chief requisite for the application of the heart's energy will be an understanding that physical effort is unnecessary. Also by command of the brain and will the physical nerve centers act, but sending by the heart is accomplished without outer tension. The heart can act only when spiritually liberated from physical tensions. -Morya: Heart 1932
-Sir Thomas More (portrait) and several of his trained messengers, ~1971/2