Thursday, December 12, 2019

U.S. capital--the lifeline of the Chinese Communist Party

  12-12-2019 interview on video:
Roger Robinon:  “But they can live with that because ZTE (ban) was reversed.  They’re planning to reverse Huawei (ban).  They’re trying to get even Megvii off of the (banned) entity list—artificial intelligence.  So they can work it.  I’ll tell you what they can’t afford to see the light of day:  the money, the US capital markets.  Because that’s where they live or die.”


Roger Robinon:  “Do we really believe that if they (American investors) knew that their investment dollars were going into the perpetrators of these abuses that are threatening the lives of not just their families, but their communities, their cities, their states, their country, I think they’d be outraged.  Now how many of them are there?  150 million are holding “bad actor” Chinese stocks and bonds today.  Millions and scores of millions more are holding Russian sanctioned companies and sovereign bonds.  CalPERS owns $460 million, I believe, in Russian sovereign bonds.  Well wait a minute.  What’s a sovereign bond?  It’s ‘I the Russian government give you a piece of paper with a maturity date and an interest rate on it and you give me scores of millions of dollars or more.’  And what do I (Putin or CCP) do with that money?  Well, it’s discretionary cash.  I could do anything I want with it.   I can undermine further Eastern Ukraine.  I can build up my military presence in Syria.  I can fund that latest supersonic cruise missile (that is) nuclear-tipped.  I can build that new generation ballistic missile submarine.”  https://www.theepochtimes.com/the-u-s-capital-is-the-lifeline-of-the-chinese-communist-party-roger-robinson-interview_3172994.html

No comments:

Post a Comment