75. People are ready for every kind of spiritual incest. People are only too willing to unite elements that are incompatible. They try to unite the father element, fire, with the daughter element, water; and the earth-mother with the air-son. If their progeny is burned to ashes they will not blame themselves and will lay the responsibility on the Heavenly Father. -M: Agni Yoga 1929
170. A ruler who is ignorant of the spiritual principle of self-perfectment cannot lead the multitude of consciousnesses entrusted to him. A ruler is a living example, a ruler is one who lays out the paths through all the worlds. He lays the foundation for prosperity, but it will not be prosperity on the material plane alone. Thus he will be no true ruler for whom fire exists only at the end of a match. His scope will be equal to that of his concepts.
322. The entire perceptibility of the subtle world is relative, depending upon the development of consciousness. One can be enraptured by the light or one may find oneself in fog. One can build beautiful structures by will power or one may remain on piles of rubbish. One can instantaneously assimilate the language of the Spirit or one may remain deaf and dumb--to each in accordance with his deeds. Each perceives in accordance with his consciousness. The subtle world is a state of true justice. One can observe that a consciousness even though simple, progresses if illumined by love. The bazaar-colored emotions of Earth-dwellers bear little resemblance to love. Love often remains unrealized. But in the subtle world love is the key to all locks. For many people imagination is an unattainable abstraction, but in the subtle world each grain of the accumulations of imagination is a path to possibilities. For Earth-dwellers offense, bitterness and vengeance constitute the bases of the bile and liver; but in the subtle world even for an average consciousness these infamies fall away as worthless husks. Therefore We emphatically repeat about the fiery consciousness in order that one be directed immediately into higher spheres. One should indeed strive by all lofty means toward fiery consciousness....
Even the most mundane physician knows how much electric force a human heart can withstand, and the intensity of common electricity is not to be compared with that of the fiery forces. The manifestation of fohat itself may not always be visible. How rarely then can the Radiant Guests appear! Being undisciplined, people either become terrified or try to touch and thus are consumed. Let us not forget that fear can burn away the heart.
337. Why do Fiery Beings seldom appear to Earth-dwellers? For this also there is a scientific explanation….Even the most mundane physician knows how much electric force a human heart can withstand, and the intensity of common electricity is not to be compared with that of the fiery forces. The manifestation of fohat itself may not always be visible. How rarely then can the Radiant Guests appear! Being undisciplined, people either become terrified or try to touch and thus are consumed. Let us not forget that fear can burn away the heart.
443. The most difficult yet indispensable discipline is comprised in actions for the good of the world. It is not easy to watch oneself in order to reject egoistic thoughts and actions. But when the entire personality is consecrated to the world, discipline is not only easy but is even not felt. To find a starting point for renunciation means to construct a straight path to the fiery world…. Egoism is of Earth. It does not exist in the fiery world. Its remains in the subtle world are like heavy chains. It is not difficult to perceive how the meaning of egoism ends with the earthly state, it is not applicable to the subtle ascent….
Nothing so greatly helps to put an end to earthly accounts as the liberation from egoism. Being conscious of the fiery world reveals in the simplest way how worthless are the tortures engendered by egoism. The light of the fiery world acts as a great disinfectant.
591. Resurrection and immortality--do they not direct our thoughts toward the foundation of Being? But even these undeniable truths impel men toward disunity rather than cooperation. Many are the streams of Benefaction poured upon Earth. The manifestation of Benefaction occurs far more often than is generally supposed, yet the sacred gifts are accepted by men far more rarely than might be hoped. Thus is the law of freewill peculiarly interpreted by Earth-dwellers. The dark forces try their utmost to prevent the manifestations of Benefaction. The self-will of people encourages various perversions. One should observe how at times benevolent thoughts flash out, to be extinguished as if by the pressure of a black hand….the black eagle struggles with such fierceness, but out of the Dawn comes the White One and with him the streams of Benefaction!
-Morya: Fiery World 1933
156. Earth-dwellers who possess not only a developed subtle body but also a lofty fiery consciousness can have intimations about the far-off worlds. -M: Brotherhood 1937