Wednesday, March 7, 2018

squaring the circle simply

                                                   http://www.themushroom.net/2011/06/squaring-the-circle-or-rather-circling-the-square/
................................................................
     The author of the geometry--only one step is shown above--is Cavan McLaughlin.  I posted this one step because it seems to be the key step in his little exercise, of which he makes very very little claim to it being profound or accurate. Yet it is I think most charming--the apex of the isosceles triangle marks circumference of circle with center at center of square.  Cavan appears to have done something wonderful with that little square in the lower left area.  Check out his steps (at link).  His exercise seems the epitome of innocence to me, or simplicity, grace too.  I only found this on March 7 so I think it will take awhile to sink in.   -r, mt. shasta

No comments:

Post a Comment